[Digikam-users] Transferring images with XMP sidecar files

Graham Dicker graham.dicker at antecor.com
Sun Feb 3 16:06:50 GMT 2013

On Sunday 03 Feb 2013 16:19:51 Jean-François Rabasse wrote:

> Back to your problem. If DK can't read back its sidecar files,
> the solution could be to move metadata into the images files.
> Phil Harvey's exiftool can do such things but it's not
> straightforward at all. Here are some guidelines :

I was using the sidecar files because most of my photos are in a proprietary
raw format and I was unwilling to risk Digikam messing them up.

Thank you for your offer of help but I think I can extract the captions from
the old database and then transfer to another product, even if I have to write
it myself (I don't need anything complicated, just reliable).

Thanks again

Graham Dicker