[Digikam-users] filtering/disbale collection

René Fritz rene at colorcube.de
Mon Dec 30 13:24:58 GMT 2013

Am So, 29. Dezember 2013, 11:36:30 schrieb Anders Lund:
> On Søndag den 29. december 2013 11:26:18, René Fritz wrote:

> > > To query for searching. You can do it as you want. Just select the
> > > right dirs by pop-up menu.
> >
> > Thanks Gilles
> >
> > But that's exactly what I don't want.
> >
> > I have 3 collections and I want to use digikam with only one of them. I
> > guess this is currently not possible?!
>
> You could use the advanced search to achieve such a filtering

Hi Anders

Nobody seems to understand me :-)

I can do that with advanced search but then I can't use anything else but the
filter tab.

If I'm able to activate one collection I can use whatever selection/filtering I
want. For example by date by geo coordinates etc. That can't be done with

So it is currently not possible. Am I right?

What is needed to provide such a functionality?
My guess is:

- switches to en-/disable a collection
  (maybe in settings or in the album tab?)

- respect the active collections in all queries
 (I guess there is a relation in the DB to collections, so that should be
possible)

What do you think?

Maybe the functionality is already there with the collections on removable
media and all what is needed are the switches?

René