[Digikam-users] Digikam Color label and Photoshop urgency

Christoph Siedentop christoph at siedentop.name
Fri Aug 30 12:18:58 BST 2013

Dear Giles,

Lightroom (LR 4.4) does not save anything as xmp.photoshop.urgency. The
colour flag is saved as xmp:Label="MyColour", where MyColour is the name
given to the colour flag. By default this is yellow, green etc. Although on
my system it is actually in German because LR was installed when the system
language was German. One label I tested this with, I had defined to be
"Report" and it shows up as such in xmp:Label.

Aperture (version 3.4.3) saves the label in the following way:
<xap:Label>Green</xap:Label>.  Unfortunately, it seems automatic export of
xmp sidecar files is not possible with Aperture (Go to File > Export >
Originals, select Create ITPC4XMP).

I just had Digikam 2.5 available (I might be able to get some time on
Sunday to use version 3.x I am normally using it but it is not available on
the current machine.). There the urgency was not saved to the sidecars
file, even though I had this set as you described (Image/Metadata/Edit All
Metadata; Edit XMP tab, Properties; Priority). Also, as soon as I click
Apply the Priority vanishes again.

In Digikam the normal Color Label is ignored when importing to Lightroom.

Manually adding xmp:photoshop:urgency and variations doesn't seem to have
any effect in LR. No colour label changes.

If I can do some more, let me know. Tomorrow evening I have some further
time and Sunday.

Regards,
Christoph