[Digikam-users] Can digiKam write to Canon cr2 files?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 12:33:18 BST 2013

Hi all,

Raw metadata writting support is operated by Exiv2 in background. All
format supported are managed by Exiv2, not digiKam. As i remember,
only few TIFF/EP based raw format are supported, as NEF for ex.

Considerate this feature as experimental. It's disabled by default in digiKam.

Considerate XMP sidecar as the best universal alternative. Sure it's
add new file in your collection, but size are negligible compared to
image data.

Gilles Caulier