[Digikam-users] Can digiKam write to Canon cr2 files?

Elle Stone l.elle.stone at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 12:27:11 BST 2013

Hmm, well, thanks all!

I actually only do use sidecar files for all the reasons listed above,
for jpegs as well as raw files. But I was testing digiKam 3.4 in a
test database where I needed to write directly to the images. Writing
to the raw files didn't seem to work, though I kinda thought it
already did. So I was wondering whether anyone on the list might be
writing to their raw files. That "experimental" feature has been there
a long time.

Anyway, I do let exiftool write directly to my raw files, have done so
for years. But you all have given me reason to rethink even that. From
now on I'll also save a completely untouched original raw and write
only to a copy.

Elle

--
http://ninedegreesbelow.com - color management & open source photography