[Digikam-users] Differences of behaviour since last upgrade

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 14:47:24 BST 2013

2013/8/19 Marie-Noƫlle Augendre <mnaugendre at gmail.com>

> 2013/8/19 Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>
>

>> I work as you. My startup take few seconds only. I manage around 250Gb of
>> photo. it's fast and do not perturb me in my workflow (as main GUI is
>> imediatly here and usable as well)...
>>

> It still happens quite often that Digikam get stuck, doing I don't know
> what in the background, either at launch, or when I modify several pictures
> at a time (though I deactivate almost all the 'copy to image' option).
> Sometimes, I seem to have no other option than quit.

to be honest, i NEVER seen a similar dysfunction on my computer.

And i shot a lots of pictures, uploaded through import tool. digiKam must
be started 10 times by day (more on the week end).

What digiKam do in background in scanning process : well it's simple : it
record new item in DB (especially metadata). That all...

>  Yesterday, the launching was going forever, and I realize there was
> still another thread running; I had to kill it so Digikam could launch
> properly and give me access to the UI.

Are you sure that you don't have any device dysfunction on your computer