[Digikam-users] Title visible only under thumbnails

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 13:22:19 BST 2013

Titles and captions are taken from DB. I suspect something wrong with your DB.

It's strange to see this usual metadata not available after an
upgrade. It can be a binary compatibility broken with DB interface.
This problem is not new and is generally a packaging dysfunction.

I'm surprised to see that you use Fedora. It's not the best choice
about KDE support (and desktop solution). To have tested in my office
a lots of linux box, Fedora is really the choice to do about desktop.

I highly recommend to test another distro. My preferred, with an
excellent KDE support is Mageia (digiKam release packager is a Mageia
guy). I use it since a very long time now, and i teach Linux
technologies in a computer science school with Mageia.

Gilles Caulier