[Digikam-users] Can't Build Digikam from Source

brad bkn at ithryn.net
Mon Sep 24 05:47:41 BST 2012

On Sep 19, 2012, at 8:08 PM, Jordan H. <jordannh at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Do I need to install a package?  If I try to install opencv-dev, I get several dependencies that can't be resolved.

umm, clearly something is missing. I do not have a debian system to test on. it looks like you're on the right track, opencv-dev would be the first thing i'd try. Does the command apt-cache search opencv turn up any packages that look useful? Also on older ubuntu systems, i believe that needed package was called libcv-dev, you might try looking for a package like that, or libopencv-dev. Otherwise, if the packages are broken on debian, you can always try to download, compile and install opencv on your own.
Good luck,
 - brad