[Digikam-users] Can't Build Digikam from Source

Jordan H. jordannh at fastmail.fm
Thu Sep 20 01:08:20 BST 2012

Firstly, I had to use dos2unix on the file to get rid of the line terminals

It seems to work.  Thank you.  After chasing down dependencies in
aptitude, though I come across this error:

-- First try at finding OpenCV...
CMake Warning at extra/libkface/CMakeLists.txt:58 (FIND_PACKAGE):
   Could not find module FindOpenCV.cmake or a configuration file for
package
   OpenCV.

   Adjust CMAKE_MODULE_PATH to find FindOpenCV.cmake or set OpenCV_DIR to
the
   directory containing a CMake configuration file for OpenCV.  The file
will
   have one of the following names:

     OpenCVConfig.cmake
     opencv-config.cmake

-- Could not find OpenCV normally, trying internal FindOpenCV.cmake
-- Checking GNUCXX version 3/4 to determine  OpenCV /opt/net/ path
CMake Error at extra/libkface/cmake/modules_opencv/FindOpenCV.cmake:237
(MESSAGE):
   OpenCV required but some headers or libs not found.  Please specify its
   location with OpenCV_ROOT_DIR env.  variable.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
   extra/libkface/CMakeLists.txt:63 (FIND_PACKAGE)

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they
are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the
CMake files:
LCMS2_LIBRARIES (ADVANCED)
     linked by target "libraw" in directory
/home/user/Downloads/digikam-2.9.0/extra/libkdcraw

I can't find either of those files in my system.  Do I need to install a
package?  If I try to install opencv-dev, I get several dependencies that
can't be resolved.  Thanks.