[Digikam-users] Downloading photos from camera with DigiKam 2.9

Mark Fraser mfraz74+kde at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 11:07:14 BST 2012

Tried to download some photos from my camera - a Casio EX-H5 - for the first
time since upgrading to 2.9 and it doesn't seem to be working properly.

In previous versions I used to be able to connect the camera, click on
"download photos with digikam" in the device notifier menu and digikam would
then load up along with the window to select the photos for downloading.

Now, it just opens the main digikam window and just sits there. In the Import
-> cameras menu there is an entry for CASIO COMPUTER CASIO QV DIGITAL PTP
(auto-detected), but that also does nothing. The only way I could import
photos is by selecting Import > USB PTP class camera.

Do I need to file a bug for what seems to be a regression from 2.8?