[Digikam-users] Which on line photo repositories work well with DigiKam?

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Wed Sep 5 00:28:02 BST 2012

Hi,

I am looking for an on-line solution to publish my photographs (e.g.
Smug Mug, Red Bubble or maybe my own store using Coppermine or Gallery).

I manage all my photographs with digiKam.

I am interested in people's opinions about which on-line photo solution
works well with digiKam.

Several things come to mind...
1) preferred file format and colour profile
2) ability to recognize metadata, like title and tags/keywords
3) whether varying sized images need to be uploaded separately or the
on-line store creates the various sizes available for purchase
4) Commercial exposure? Anyone had success measured in sales in using
particular companies

Any feedback would be appreciated.

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides