[Digikam-users] Filesystem lost images - can digiKam report which ones?

Ben Staude sben1783 at yahoo.de
Sun Sep 2 13:36:47 BST 2012

Hi kyle,

did you start DigiKam since you lost the images? If yes, do you have a recent
backup of its database? One possible route to go would be some perl (or the
like) script to "loop through all "Images" entries in digikams database and
check if the file exists in the filesystem".
If you already did start digikam, the image data (name, file size etc) should
still be there, but the paths might be lost. And you might not be able to
decide whether a file is lost or has been deleted intentionally some day in
the past.

Ben