[Digikam-users] Import Faces from Local Picasa

Jan Köster koester_jan at gmx.net
Thu Nov 22 10:42:14 GMT 2012

Am Dienstag, den 13.11.2012, 21:43 +0100 schrieb Wolfgang Strobel:
> I Identifies with Picasa on many faces and
> Assigned to individuals. All data is stored locally.
> How can I import the faces and their assignment from Picasa  into Digikam ?
> All images, Picasa and Digikam are on a Windows machine
> installed / saved.

There is a script that can copy face tags from Picasa to xmp sidecar
files:
https://github.com/gregersn/faceextract
You will probably have to adjust some settings though and I'm not sure
wether this works well on Windows.
>From the xmp files you can easily import the metadata to DK.
Please note that this will only create tags for the faces in the image
and not save the area of the face.

Some time ago I've started a fork of the above mentioned script (in
python). As I don't have much time for this at the moment development is
at a standstill. I hope to continue over Christmas will be happy for
testers then ...

Greetings
Jan