[Digikam-users] Something odd in AlbumRoots table

Anders Stedtlund falolaf at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 06:01:26 GMT 2012

Hi,

I have found something odd in the AlbumRoots table.

I have all my digiKam collections in this folder:
/stedtlund/media

I have also a folder digiKam where all digiKam db files are:
/stedtlund/media/digiKam

Now I create a new collection, from within digiKam, like this:
/stedtlund/media/NewCollecion

In AlbumRoots I can now see the new collection but specificPath is not
correct. It's like this:
/media/NewCollection

I.e. it lacks the /stedtlund/ part of the path.

The volume id is also totaly different compared to the old collections.

I can add images, e.g. by importing from camera, to the new collection
and they are stored in the correct path on disc.

I found out this when mirroring my setup on a second computer. When
starting digiKam on that one digiKam couldn't find the new
collections. It was looking in /media/NewCollection as stated in the
db.

Both machines runs openSUSE 12.2. My main machine with KDE4.8.x. The
mirror machine KDE4.9.x.

On my main machine I have build digiKam myself, on the mirror machine
I installed from repo. Both digiKam 2.9.0.

 (I probably had the same problem with Fedora17 and KDE4.9.x on my
main machine before openSUSE. With digiKam 2.8.0 and 2.9.0. Didn't
look in the db then...)

When adding a new collection on my mirror machine it has the full,
correct path to the new colleciton in AlbumRoots!!!

I built digiKam like this in digiKam build root:
Cake -DDIGIKAMSC_USE_PRIVATE_KDEGRAPHICS=on -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=release
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix` -Wno-dev .
make -J4
make install

Any thoughts on this?

/Anders