[Digikam-users] RAW files disappearing!

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 22:17:27 GMT 2012

I'm worrying hard!

More and more often, I see RAW files vanishing completely when working with
Digikam (only managing collections, as I don't do any editing in Digikam).
Twice in a couple of days, I 'lost' a RAW picture but, as it has been taken
a few days before, I've able to reimport it from the memory card.

This time, I was working on some pictures taken last year. I selected 3
different RAW, then Ctrl-L to put them in the lighttable in order to
compare them. There seemed to be a problem with the thumbnails, in fact I
could see only one of them so couldn't move the pictures into the
lighttable, tried to change the dimensions of the thumbnails bar, but it
didn't work. Tried again. No better. So I went back to Digikam main window
and saw that one of the three RAW was missing; and I could not find it
anywhere, even using Nautilus, or 'locate' in command mode.
It is as if the file has been suppressed, without me having to confirm the
actual suppression!
I might have hit a wrong key, but this shouldn't make pictures disappear
from the hard disk!! They even are not in the trash bin...

For this one time, as I know which picture is missing, I will be able to
recover it from the last backup; but it is not the first time I have doubt
about disappearing pictures and I begin to worry very much.

Currently, I've launched a maintenance thumbnail reconstruction (still 75%
to go); but as I couldn't find the last missing picture anywhere on the
disk, I guess Digikam won't find it either.

Has anybody encounter such problem?
I'm not sure I can rely on Digikam any more, if I don't know what keys
combination can make me loose pictures and when...

Marie-Noëlle

========================
Here is the components list.

digiKam version 2.9.0
Codec PGF parallélisé: Non
Composant graphique Marble: 0.14.1 (stable release)
Dématriçage parallélisé: Oui
Exiv2 peut écrire dans un fichier JP2: Oui
Exiv2 peut écrire dans un fichier JPEG: Oui
Exiv2 peut écrire dans un fichier PGF: Oui
Exiv2 peut écrire dans un fichier PNG: Oui
Exiv2 peut écrire dans un fichier TIFF: Oui
Exiv2 prend en charge les métadonnées XMP: Oui
LibCImg: 130
LibClapack: bibliothèque partagée externe
LibExiv2: 0.22
LibJPEG: 62
LibJasper: 1.900.1
LibKDE: 4.9.3
LibKExiv2: 2.3.0
LibKGeoMap: 2.0.0
LibKdcraw: 2.1.0
LibLCMS: 2030
LibLensFun: bibliothèque partagée externe
LibLqr: bibliothèque interne
LibPGF: 6.12.24 - bibliothèque partagée externe
LibPNG: 1.5.10
LibQt: 4.8.3
LibRaw: 0.14.6
LibTIFF: LIBTIFF, Version 3.9.6 Copyright (c) 1988-1996 Sam Leffler
Copyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
LibGphoto2: 2.4.14
LibKface: 2.0.0
LibKipi: 1.6.0
LibOpenCV: 2.3.1
Libface: 0.2
Moteur de base de données: QSQLITE

--
<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>

Mes dernières photos sont dans ma
galerie<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>
.
Retrouvez-moi aussi sur mon blog <http://www.mnaugendre.com/>.
Et parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon avec Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com/>,