[Digikam-users] change startup order when importing

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 21:11:38 GMT 2012

>From a user's point of view, that seems a very good idea.
As for myself, I even never have to choose the application as any removable
device including images will automatically launch Digikam when being
connected (my choice). But the problem is, I need to close Digikam before
introducing another card if I don't want to run several instances of the
program. ;-)

Marie-Noëlle

2012/11/11 Xavier Brochard <xavier at alternatif.org>

> Hi
>
> I would like to suggest a speed improvement in Digikam import process. This
> is from a user perspective, using KDE.
>
> Suppose Digikam is not started. When I plug a camera or sdcard, the
> notification menu suggest to import pictures using Digikam or Gwenview.
> Choosing Digikam, I have to wait until Digikam is fully started up. This
> startup is slow, because Digikam load a lot of things.
> But one just want to display, as fastest as possible, the content of his
> camera or sdcard. Actually, when one's want to import pictures, the first
> (commonly) needed steps are displaying and browsing pictures, then
> selecting
> the ones you want to import. These steps doesn't need kipi plugins,
> database loaded, etc.
>
> Is it feasible to defer the full load of digikam components when it is
> launched through import process?
>
> regards,
> xavier

<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>

Mes dernières photos sont dans ma
galerie<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>
.
Retrouvez-moi aussi sur mon blog <http://www.mnaugendre.com/>.
Et parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon avec Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com/>,