[Digikam-users] How to read sidecar files with digikam?

Volker Henn vh59 at gmx.de
Sun Nov 11 17:22:43 GMT 2012

Dear all,
I am using digikam 2.6.0 as it comes with Suse 12.2 and have some problems
with sidecar files. To reproduce the problem I reduced it to the following:

Testuser starts digikam and creates a database in " ./Bilder"  (german
installation means pictures) . Add a single picture, enable metadata written
to sidecar files, add a tag and some stars, save. XMP files are created.

Delete digikam's database and digicam.rc and starts the program again. How can
I convince digikam to read the xmp-files?

Best regards
Volker