[Digikam-users] Exif information lost when resizing photo's?

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Sun Nov 4 06:06:18 GMT 2012

On 03/11/12 23:09, sjoerd wrote:
> When resizing several photos to place them on the web, i noticed that all the
> exif information is lost. Has anybody a solution for that?
> I also would like that the resized photos would have the creation date of the
> original as timestamp.
>
> I am using Digikam 2.9.0...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sjoerd

Two options...

1. Save original metadata using digikam then apply it to the resized
images. One by one...

2. Use exiv2 (http://www.exiv2.org/) program to export data from
original and apply to the resized copy. Potential to automate with script...

The later option can be integrated with Imagemagik
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/command-line-options.php

http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/resize/

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides