[Digikam-users] merge two digikam DBs

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Sun May 20 19:17:35 BST 2012

Hello David,

if your database contains only jpgs (no raws or videos) you
could do this:

 1. write all metadata into those jpgs
 2. start a new database
 3. include both root folders, containing your databases

DigiKam should find and read metadata (tags, comments and
ratings) from your jpg files.
This way you could also include one database in another
existing one. You don't have to start with a new database.

This attempt fails, if you have:
 - raws with metadata (tags, ratings, ...)
 - videos with metadata (tags, ratings, ...)
 - metadata which can't be written to jpg files

Regards,
	Peter