[Digikam-users] Digikam on liveubuntu: empty root folder ...

Julien T julien.t43 at gmail.com
Sun May 13 21:37:06 BST 2012

Hello digikam users,

currently travelling (for a long time), I have my netbook which broke
recently. So I switched my working environment to a live lubuntu usb
key (12.04) and try to use digikam on it (which is very heavy on
persistent disk ~500MB but ...).
My problem is after restoring config files on my persistent disk, make
a symlink from my external disk as ~/Images, double checking digikam
config file (~/.kde/share/{config/digikamrc,apps/digikam*}, I still
have digikam showing me a empty root album folder ...

I don't have any error message outside of digikam saying it detects my
collection on a removable media (i try both ignore or mark as
removable collection).
I update permissions/user of db file and some of sub-images folder as
live ubuntu user is 999 (vs 1000 on most distrib).
Digikam is 2.5.0 pristine from lubuntu depository (and not ppa for now :)
No problem to access files w browser or gthumb.

Any ideas where the problem could be ?

Thanks a lot.
Cheers,

Julien