[Digikam-users] strange behaviour of save and album in digikam 2.5

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Thu Mar 29 18:59:53 BST 2012

> > Save changes as new version will do what you achieved previously with
> > Save As. Both the source and the new version will be visible
>
> Maybe it would be less confusing if it was still labelled 'Save as'? To
> me the use of 'new version' suggests that it would do something
> different from the common understanding of 'Save as'.

Hm the problem with "Save As" is that the user expects a file dialog to open
to choose a filename. I wanted to get rid of this obligation (I think there is
a wish in bugzilla to still be able to choose the file name, which makes
sense, but e.g. for my personal workflow I dont want to care)
So I thought I needed a different wording, still one short enough to fit into
the toolbar, and to emphasize that it's all slightly different with versioning
enabled. With versioning disabled, you're back to Save As

Marcel