[Digikam-users] PowerShot S100 RAW pictures not treated properly

JD Rogers rogersjd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 16:18:58 GMT 2012

Hi Marie-Noelle,

Sorry for not getting back sooner.. turns out the first few weeks of having
a baby is not filled with free time.

I did a quick try at creating a lens entry for the S100, but so far I am
not able to get the digikam distortion correction to work. I get an error
"cannot find all lens information.." I'll look into to it further, but if
you want to try playing with it, here is what I have so far.
(Note: the numbers I calculated for the distortion could stand to be
improved and I'll do a better set of images with finer focal ranges when I
get the lensfun library to work at all.)

I added the following entries to /usr/share/lensfun/compact-canon.xml

    <mount>
        <name>canonS100</name>
        <compat>Generic</compat>
    </mount>

    <camera>
        <maker>Canon</maker>
        <model>Canon PowerShot S100</model>
        <model lang="en">Canon PowerShot S100</model>
        <mount>canonS100</mount>
        <cropfactor>4.6</cropfactor>
    </camera>

    <lens>
        <maker>Canon</maker>
        <model>Canon PowerShot S100 5.2 - 26.0 mm</model>
        <mount>canonS100</mount>
        <cropfactor>4.6</cropfactor>
        <calibration>
            <distortion model="ptlens" focal="5.2" a="-0.021" b="0"
c="-0.097" />
            <distortion model="ptlens" focal="8.31" a="-0.06" b="0"
c="-0.0315" />
            <distortion model="ptlens" focal="13.42" a="-0.002" b="0"
c="-0.01" />
            <distortion model="ptlens" focal="26.0" a="0" b="0" c="-0.002"
/>
        </calibration>
    </lens>

Best,