[Digikam-users] Grouping DNG and JPG - pick primary without regrouping?

Kyle Altendorf kyle.altendorf at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 02:25:08 GMT 2012

I am just starting to fiddle with the grouping functionality and I
haven't found much info about how to use it.  If I just haven't looked
in the right place, I certainly won't be offended by a helpful link.
I am specifically curious to know how I can set the primary image for
the group.  The first situation for this is when I select a bunch of
images (DNG/JPG sets) and group by time.  It seems to detect the
groups correctly by time but picks the DNGs as primary (they have ugly
embedded preview JPGs).  Also, I tried expanding the existing groups
and then regrouping them using RMB on the image I wanted to be primary
(the JPG).  This seemed to result in two groups.  I would expand the
primary image and the secondary would also have the group icon.

What is the suggested workflow for this feature?

Cheers,
-kyle

P.S.  Once again, thanks for this wonderful piece of software.