[Digikam-users] Digikam needs about 10 minutes to start

Samuel Gilbert samuel.gilbert at usherbrooke.ca
Wed Mar 7 19:09:00 GMT 2012

Hello,

   How big is your image collection?  When you looked at "top" did you
see a lot of "wa"?  Can you also run "iostat -m 10" when you start
Digikam to see if there is a lot of activity on the disk?  What kind of
hard-drive are you using (5400RPM, 7200RPM, SSD)?  On what kind of file
system is your image collection stored?

Personaly, I have over 30K images in my collection on a Intel Core 2Duo
with 3GM RAM and a 500GB 7200RPM HD and Digikam starts in a few seconds.

Cheers,

Samuel