[Digikam-users] Progress bar doesn't

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 09:53:18 UTC 2012

2012/3/5 Andrew Goodbody <ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk>:
> Hi Giles,
> I was not sure if I should add to that bug or not as I am still using 1.9.0
> and I am not sure if it matches what is talked about in that bug anyway.

1.9.0 is pretty old. in this bug report, we talking about Progress
Manager introduced with 2.6.0-beta1. Implementation have been
completly re-written...

> But just to add a couple of data points to this thread:
> 1) When I am tagging images, the progress bar works as expected for the
> first group of images only.

This is interresting. Group handling is perhaps not properly
implemented, in 1.x and 2.x. I will reprot this point to Marcel.

> 2) I have DK set to write the metadata to the image files.

> 3) The progress bar sits at 0% until it has finished writing the metadata to
> the files, at which point it goes away.

Ah, it's an HDD data workflow problem.

> 4) My CPU is an Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 at 2.40GHz.

in 1.9.0, will still use single CPU for all in digiKam

Only with 2.6.0, we use multicore CPU. This must increase speed issue...

Gilles Caulier