[Digikam-users] trouble with image degradation using DK with kipi-plugin: flickr export

Jim Dory james at dorydesign.com
Sat Mar 3 19:55:43 GMT 2012

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Andrew Goodbody <ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk> wrote:
 I cannot get permission to check what the one uploaded by
> Digikam says it is.
>
> Andrew

I'll unset it - it was private and will appear temporarily at the top
of photostream:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jdory/

> On 03/03/12 17:41, Gilles Caulier wrote:
>>
>> I cannot see any color difference.
>>
>> If you upload a RAW file from digiKam to Flickr, it will take embeded
>> JPEG image from RAW instead to process RAW file, to speed-up
>> downloading.
>>
>> Gilles Caulier

Gilles,

If you don't see any difference, I also get that if I view it under my
linux desktop in chrome browser. Under firefox it seems different. If
I view it under my windows vm, then I see a clear difference. If I
view it under my work windows workstation, I also see the difference.
So I may have other issues going on.

I don't remember having this problem using my convoluted workflow in
the recent past, but haven't done any photo work in some time so not
sure when or what changed.

These are all jpegs I upload saved from tiff images.

thanks guys for replys. /jim