[Digikam-users] How to move a digikam collection

Thomas thomasdn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 19:42:34 BST 2012

2012/6/25 Jean-François Rabasse <jean-francois.rabasse at wanadoo.fr>

> Seems good. That kind of tweak works for me, I have similar problems
> when replicating (rsync) DK database between two computers, a desktop
> and a laptop, and yes, I have to change the path of the collection
> base directory.
> A simple command line SQL command can do "UPDATE TABLE ... " etc.
>
> One more thing you should check is the location of your DB file, the
> digikam4.db, because it's stored into the DK runtime configuration
> file, $HOME/.kde4/share/config/**digikamrc
> If your DB file is stored at the root of your collection, you'll
> also have to change the "Database Name=" parameter from, e.g.
> /photodisk/photos to /net/photo/photos, so that DK can find your new DB
> upon next startup.
>
> And if your DB file is on your local computer, not on a USB drive or
> network drive, of course nothing to change in rc configuration.

I have tried changing the collection path in my SQL dump of the
digikam4.db, then restored the db.
I have then copied the old digikamrc into ~/Pictures/digikam4.db
Then I started digikam..
I see that is has my albums and tags. Howeverr, when I click an album in My
Albums, no photos are shown. Even though digikam says it has 1145 photos
(or similar) in the paranthesis after the album name.
If I go to My Tags and click a tag that should have photos in it, no
phottos are shown.

digikam is now also horribly slow. Even though my new computer is immensely
faster than the old one.
digikam prints *lots* of these errors:
digikam(14521)/digikam (core)
Digikam::DatabaseCoreBackendPrivate::checkRetrySQLiteLockError: Database is
locked. Waited 5600
digikam(14521)/digikam (core)
Digikam::DatabaseCoreBackendPrivate::checkRetrySQLiteLockError: Database is
locked. Waited 5610

Please note that only photos are on NFS. The database is on local
filesystem.

Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards
Thomas