[Digikam-users] burned zone in RAW file, but not in jpeg

Elle Stone l.elle.stone at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 21:02:16 BST 2012

OK, this is just a guess. By "burned" do you mean "blown out
highlights"? If so, try negative exposure compensation slider: Click
"Exposure Correction" and move the "Shift (linear) slider to the left.
Also unclick "Auto Brightness". If you've already done all that, then
my apologies, I've misunderstood or there is some other issue
involved.

On 6/10/12, Paul-Emmanuel GROFFE <pegroffe at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been scrolling the mailing list a bit to see if this problem
> occured already but couldn't find anything. Please redirect me to the
> correct thread if needed.
>
> Now my question: how come that some parts of a photo is burned (no data)
> in a raw file, but is ok (not burned, with data) in the jpeg file (shoot
> raw+jpeg, canon 450D camera) ? Isn't raw supposed to contain -more-
> datas than jpeg  ?
>
> Also, if you have some tips to get data back wihle in RAW I would
> appreciate a lot.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> regards,
> Paul