[Digikam-users] burned zone in RAW file, but not in jpeg

Paul-Emmanuel GROFFE pegroffe at yahoo.fr
Sun Jun 10 20:52:06 BST 2012

Hi all,

I've been scrolling the mailing list a bit to see if this problem
occured already but couldn't find anything. Please redirect me to the
correct thread if needed.

Now my question: how come that some parts of a photo is burned (no data)
in a raw file, but is ok (not burned, with data) in the jpeg file (shoot
raw+jpeg, canon 450D camera) ? Isn't raw supposed to contain -more-
datas than jpeg  ?

Also, if you have some tips to get data back wihle in RAW I would
appreciate a lot.

Thanks in advance,
regards,
Paul