[Digikam-users] command line tool to normalize exif orientation flag

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Fri Jun 1 09:15:34 BST 2012

On 01/06/12 09:03, jdd wrote:

> jpg image have both a main image and a thumbnail. Looks like both have
> exifs and orientation.

> notice only the image orientation is changed, not the thumbnail one.
>
> I can't figure out how to change also the thumbnail orientation, may be
> somebody can help? May be some applications a disturbed by the fact that
> image and thumbnail orientation is not the same?

I think I have some pictures like that - in dolphin's icon view (which I
guess uses the images' thumbnails) they look as if they need rotating,
but if I open them in gwenview (which, I guess, shows the main image)
they are correctly oriented.

If exiv2 doesn't work maybe try exiftool?

--
John Stumbles                                    http://stumbles.org.uk