[Digikam-users] DigiKam 2.7 doesn't show the pictures that were exported

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Tue Jul 31 05:52:02 BST 2012

On 31/07/12 14:34, Борис Кукушкин wrote:
> Good day!
>
> I'm exporting CR2 images (these are Canon RAW files) to make previews,
> i.e. I'm exporting to my computer, but convert the format (to jpeg) and
> do some post-processing (resize, some auto adjustments). The photos
> being exported are stored on the removable drive. After the job is done
> the exported versions are show in the folder I was exporting to, but the
> originals are missing from the original album.

Sounds like you are confusing 'import' and 'export'.

If you are moving files from a remote location to your computer then it
is technically importing the data.

I can't reproduce the error you are outlining. You need to supply more
specific steps.

*Before you do that however*, ensure you have correctly set up your albums..

Use "Settings > Configure digiKam" then in the Collections group select
"Add Collection" button next to the collections on removable media
section. Follow the prompts to add your remote HD then select OK to
return to the main window. You should now have your media appear in "My
Albums" section of the main window.

You should be able to convert, resize, etc from the main window now
without the need to move your photos at all.

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides