[Digikam-users] digikam and gimp

Jean-François Rabasse jean-francois.rabasse at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jul 28 20:55:16 BST 2012

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012, jdd wrote:

> the gimp main window is always under the digikam one, so I have to select it
> to be able to drop a photo in it. But I found an option. clic on the fox
> upper left icon (gimp), select "advanced" "always on top" and voilà!

Well, you need to do this only if your Gimp window is 100% covered by your
Digikam window (perhaps in full screen mode ?).
But if you size/place the two windows in a way to always have a small part
of the Gimp window visible, it works straightforward. Drag'n'drop
implementation requires you can see even a square centimeter of the target
window even when te htarget window isn't selected.
And dropping makes the target window raise over all others, ready to work.

I really think drag'n'drop is the most handy way to share files when both
applications, the source one and the target one, feature D'n'D. And it's
faster than the « Right menu, Open with, select application... » mechanism.
Same can be done between Dolphin and Gimp.

Regards,
Jean-François

PS: Wilber, the Gimp mascot, isn't a fox but is a coyote.
But yes, aside from zoological interest, it changes very few things
to the edition processing:-))