[Digikam-users] ICC file for Ricoh GXR

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 10:44:28 BST 2012

Aren't we speaking about RAW (that was the initial question)?
I don't think the camera profile would be used for anything than display
the JPEG format on the camera LCD, thus no influence on the RAW captured
data. And for any other viewing device, it'll be the own profile of this
other device (screen, printer, ...) that has to be used, even if it is to
display the embedded JPEG.

Marie-Noëlle

2012/7/20 Remco Viëtor <remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr>

> **
>
> On Friday 20 July 2012 10:07:47 Marie-Noëlle Augendre wrote:
>
> > Thanks for these precisions.
>
> > In these specific usages you're refering to, I'm just wondering whether
>
> > these photographers wouldn't rather use tethering methods; so having an
> ICC
>
> > profile for their camera would be more or less irrevelant as they will
> use
>
> > their computer screen rather than the camera display.
>

> Tethering wouldn't change anything about the need for a camera profile:
>
> it's still the *camera* optics and sensor that determine the captured
> data,
>
> the screen only displays what the camera produced (probably by using the
> same camera-generated jpeg preview that's embedded in RAW files).
>

> Remco

<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>

Mes dernières photos sont dans ma
galerie<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>
.
Retrouvez-moi aussi sur mon blog <http://www.mnaugendre.com/>.
Et parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon avec Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com/>,