[Digikam-users] Digikam doesn't download Openstreetmap data

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Sat Jul 14 14:13:06 BST 2012

Hi,

I made a quick search about this matter but I didn't found anything.

When I use digikam map view functionality (mainly in tab, not with map
main view which is very slow), I notice the data are not downloaded from
Openstreetmap when I select this view mode.

No matter with Google Map mode, nor with Marble Atlas map (I think because
it's already in local).

I've installed Marble and launch it to see if I get Openstreetmap data,
and it's work well. Then I notice the downloaded areas using Marble, if I
quit and restart Digikam are now visible, but if I'm going to an
unexplored area in digikam, data still not loading and if I have Marble
and Digikam running, I still have to quit Digikam and restart it to get
newly explored areas using Marble (even if I change view mode in Digikam
and go back to Openstreetmap mode).

So, I would like to know if anybody else experienced this and if anybody
have an idea of the matter origin.

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 64 bits and the Philip Johnson PPA (actually
digikam 2.7)

Thanks

--
Nicolas Boulesteix