[Digikam-users] Digikam and inter-operability on Ubuntu 12.04.

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Jul 9 21:31:17 BST 2012

Dear Digikam developers,

I have just made the inevitable upgrade from Ubuntu 10.04 to 12.04. The
new facilities of Digikam 2.5 are enormous (having used Digikam 1.9
previously).

Just a short message to thank the developers for their time and labour
put into this top-quality software. I find it remarkable that the
Digikam developers go out of their way to make this program adaptable to
as many operating environments as possible and making possible the
interaction with non-KDE software such as Darktable. This
inter-operability is clearly the way to the future, especially in the
open source world.

I am hoping that, some time, Dk and Dt will understand more of each
others' utilisation of .XMP files.....

Thank you again for an industrial-grade open source product. Phillip,
your contribution is also significant.

Kind regards,
Willem Ferguson