[Digikam-users] RAW editing

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sat Jan 21 10:29:06 GMT 2012

Am 21.01.2012 11:10, schrieb Anders Lund:
> On Lørdag den 21. januar 2012, gerlos wrote:

[...]

> That is absolutely right. But I don't see darktable doing a better job than
> digikam, albeit a different one. So far, I see darktable images being a bit
> more saturated/vivid than the preview, while digikam goes a bit the other way.
> (I use a canon EOS 30D)

For me the main difference here is that darktable does a constant job.
If I have a series of pictures the results are predictable (more than
with digikams raw processing). Esp. if you enables some of the automatic
tools the results are sometimes very good but sometimes next to useless.
And then it is very hard to get a pleasing result with digikam's
available settings.

Martin