[Digikam-users] Re : Wishes for future versions

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 20:55:57 GMT 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 9:03 PM, Paulux <nvlplx at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Not very smart, but I can make anything but :
>
> +999999999999999999999999999
>
> Clark
>
> ________________________________
> De : Andrew Goodbody <ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk>
> À : digikam-users at kde.org
> Envoyé le : Samedi 14 Janvier 2012 19h34
> Objet : Re: [Digikam-users] Wishes for future versions
>
> On 14/01/12 18:15, Remco iëtor wrote:
>> I'll use the occasion to elaborate a bit about the why of some items.
>> Ideally, I would like to be able to edit one image in the normal editor
>> (starting from a raw file or any other format) and then apply the same
>> treatment  for a series of other images. In order for that to work, tools
>> need
>> to be present in both the editor and the batch queue manager, and the
>> tools
>> need to accept the same set of parameters. (and ideally the same code, as
>> far
>> as possible, of course). With the versioning system in place, a lot of the
>> required information is now available/stored somewhere. When we get the
>> missing tools in the batch queue, we could use the versioning info to
>> replay
>> the used treatment on another file.
>
> +1
>
> Andrew

If there is a single thing I would really love, it would be a reworked
duplicate image interface.  It takes too many clicks to remove a
duplicate image, making it infeasible to use for anything other than a
very small number of pictures.

You need to click the item in the list, then figure out which pictures
you want you want to delete, then click those pictures , then click
delete, then wait for the file to delete, and only after the deleting
is done can you move onto the next picture.  It could easily take 20
or 30 seconds per set, and if you have thousands of duplicates (easy
if you are trying to merge pictures from two computers with lots of
overlap but different metadata), that could easily be ten hours of
tedious clicking.  This actually is exactly the case I am in right now

Having a single browser for all duplicate pictures, for instance with
each row being a duplicate set, and each column being a folder, would
make it easy to remove duplicates from a particular folder easily and
quickly.

-Todd