[Digikam-users] Missing thumbnails with Digikam 2.5 on Windows 7

Tom Rice tomkrice at comcast.net
Thu Jan 12 15:29:56 GMT 2012

I installed digikam 2.5 on Windows 7 over the older 2.2 that was working
well. The collections and albums were found and the tag structure was
all there, but the thumbnails were missing. This was the case whether I
installed 2.5 over the the older 2.2 or if I uninstalled the newly
installed 2.5 and started over. It was also the case if I had the newly
installed 2.5 look at the old databases or let it create new ones. In I
also tried to refresh the thumbnails. That process just hung - for over
9 hours when I aborted it.

Any ideals how to get the thumbnails back. I have of course backed up my
original databases.

Regards,
Tom