[Digikam-users] Digikam-users Digest, Vol 80, Issue 35

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten at schnebeck.de
Sat Jan 14 17:02:09 GMT 2012

> Am Samstag 14 Januar 2012, 08:53:39 schrieb Paul Verizzo:
>
> How is it two of my mails are killed due to HTML????????   I have my
> Thunderbird set for text only, no HTML for this address.  And then the
> third one goes through fine?  HTML email is not going to blow up you
> computer, Luddites.  Time to join the 20th century.

Hi,

we life in 21th century - but the mailman mailinglist engine can not handle
html mails. ;-)

If you look into the archives you can find all your mails:
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/2012-January/thread.html
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/2012-January/015567.html

but for someone who searches the archive html mails are lost cause the more
sophisticated mailinglist aggregators like osdir or nabble ignore html mails:
http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/digikam-users-f1735189.html

All users reading mail via a mail client do not have these problems but for
the sake of the internet archive please void html in mailinglist emails.
They are not killed but hidden and only hard readable :-)

HTH

  Thorsten