[Digikam-users] Digikam-users Digest, Vol 80, Issue 35

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jan 14 14:27:51 GMT 2012

On Saturday 14 January 2012 08:53:39 Paul Verizzo wrote:
> How is it two of my mails are killed due to HTML????????   I have my
> Thunderbird set for text only, no HTML for this address.  And then the
> third one goes through fine?  HTML email is not going to blow up you
> computer, Luddites.  Time to join the 20th century.

Not so sure about that, given that a lot of such HTML mails are spam and have
embedded images etc.

You're only sending text, so why add the overhead and security risks of html
for everyone? Not to mention that you couldn't be bothered to remove the
unnecessary quoted text before replying...

Refusing such stuff isn't being a Luddite, it's expecting a bit of basic
politeness.

Oh well, there's always the spam filters (which remove a lot of html by
default btw.)