[Digikam-users] 2.5 - flickr export doesn't work?

Dr. Martin Senftleben drmartinus at drmartinus.de
Fri Jan 13 08:31:04 GMT 2012

Hi,

thanks for the feedback. I have version 2.5 from Philip Johnsson's
ppa. kipi as well.
Hmm... I obviously needed this feedback, because it made me to look
closer... ;-)
I found that the files were too large (it would be nice if the plugin
would give that information as feedback, then I would have found the
problem right away; e.g. it could just check the file size when
reading in the file data and tell: sorry, too big for flickr. That
saves also the time of trying to upload the files). Anyway: the ones I
wanted to upload were all over 50 MB, and flickr has a limit of 20 MB
per file for pro users and 15 MB for ordinary users.
This gigantic file size never came to my attention. I had transformed
jpgs to png, which caused a size increase of more than 10 times. Wow!
And when I reduce this png, they become about 15 MB in size, while the
originals are 5-6 MB. Very strange, but I guess not. I probably will
never understand the mechanics behind this, even though I know that it
has to do with colour tables or so.

Well, thanks, also for a very fantastic software!!

Martin