[Digikam-users] Some questions before update...

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Mon Jan 9 09:46:22 GMT 2012

Hello,

I am using digikam 1.9 with MySQL on opensuse 11.3, KDE 4.6

I run into several problems...:

- from time to time digikam needs very long to start (it remains at "reading
database" during many minutes) - but not with every start, in approx. 3 of 4
cases it starts normal and fast
- after doing a lot of changes (i.e. using batch tool with sources from
different albums on many files, moving files, deleting files) digikam
sometimes (not always) gets so very very slow, that I have to restart it
- often digikam does not really stop when I close it (via close-button or via
Menu does not matter). So sometimes in the morning digikam starts itself, even
though I closed it the evening before...
(- I have the impression that sometimes digikam does not free the memory it
used, but I cannot prove it)

For opensuse I find a rpm for digikam 2.2, but this relies on KDE 4.7.
A KDE release change usually brings a lot of re-adjustments with it and I only
want to do that if it is really worth-while, so before I do it, my

question:
- are the above problems solved with 2.2?

kind regards

Daniel

personal facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mars.fotografo
google+: https://plus.google.com/109534388657020287386