[Digikam-users] (no subject)

Antonio Trincone antonio.trincone at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 18:32:57 GMT 2012

Daer Users all
I noticed that in this list most of the questions and threads are dedicated
to informatic issues.
I suppose many of us are also interested in digikam performance in
photographic fields though and thus I decided to start with this message in
order to exchange experience on the settings of many parts of the software
to achieve proper result.
After trials and errors this afternoon I set up some values for Local
Contrast which seems to work best for at least one image on which I worked
(work is still in progress of course).

I have the italian translation of the software so sorry for some names that
could be wrongly re-translated; however the four knobs are put at
increasing Potency values of 2,00-4,00-8,00 and 16,00 using all common
inferior values (Sfoca in italian) at 1,00.

Well, how you use this Local contrast function of the software? Do you have
your trials and errors values? Or have some different suggestion?

I think this topic could be of interest together with PC problems but if
for some reasons this kind of topic is out of the scope of the ML please
let me know.
Thanking in advance

Antonio

Antonio Trincone