[Digikam-users] Cannot get Darktable to work...

DB Freddog_de at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 3 17:42:11 GMT 2012

Hi All, A Happy New Year to you all!

I've been reading the descriptions of Workflow in the last few Digests &
wanted to try following them.

My system is Fedora 15 "Linux Fedora-Blue 2.6.41.4-1.fc15.x86_64 #1"
SMP, Digikam is "digiKam Version 1.9.0
Using KDE Development Platform 4.6.5 (4.6.5)"
Darktable is 0.9.3

Following Stefano's Book, I

1) click on Import Image, which takes me to a File Manager (Import Film)
where I
2) find the Folder I want to use, and
3) select all the files by ctrl-clicking,
4) hit Open at the bottom of the File Manager window. Short wait then
5) Last of the selected images appears in the Darkroom window.

There is NO "strip" of images beneath the main window; there appears to
be no way of moving through the images I (thought I) loaded.....

WHAT have I done wrong, to so offend the Spirits Of Darktable???????
(Have I unleashed the Hobgoblins and opened Pandora's Box?????)

As ever, any help anyone can provide will be most welcome!!!

Thanks

Dave