[Digikam-users] Digikam - Darktable workflow - Color profile

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 13:05:38 GMT 2012

Just to be more precise, a RAW file has nothing to do with colour, in fact.
It's only luminance information that is captured, then filtered and
analyzed on three different channels R, G and B. When derawtizing, it's up
to you to decide what importance you'll give to each channel and 'compose'
your colour up to your liking.
And you'll do that in the colour space you choose, and you need to transfer
this information to each output device that will adjust the rendering using
its own ICC profile.

Here are very some interesting pages on the subject, but I'm afraid you'll
need to understand some french to put them to good use:
http://www.guide-gestion-des-couleurs.com/introduction-gestion-des-couleurs.html

Marie-Noëlle