[Digikam-users] Digikam - Darktable workflow - Color profile

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 12:57:36 GMT 2012

Up to a couple of weeks ago, I didn't bother to calibrate anything, as I
was mainly interested in web-publishing and most of the people viewing my
photos have uncalibrated screens and not all the browsers work properly
with iCC profiles.
Even when I began to create books on the Blurb site, colour rendering was
OK (I create the books on my system with Scribus, then use the procedure
provided by Blurb to upload the PDFs).

As I intend to go soon to fine art printing (via a labo), I decided to
calibrate all my screens. And did it 2 weeks ago.
But this has not changed anything on my camera.
You have to understand that an ICC profile only tells a device how to
display the colours. Thus, I don't see any point to calibrate my camera, as
I don't 'look' at my photos on it, except to check histogram and
composition, but I don't need accurate colors to do that. And anyway, what
you can see on your APN screen is the JPEG automatically created by the
camera, and the RAW you'll post-treat will be something else entirely.

Marie-Noëlle

--
Une galerie photos, un blog ... pourquoi pas ? Webmaster en
herbe<http://www.webmaster-en-herbe.net/>

Parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon : Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com/>

Et toutes mes autres publications à partir de ma page d'accueil
générale<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/>