[Digikam-users] Fwd: Re: tags/keywords between Adobe Lightroom and Digikam

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Mon Jan 2 20:44:48 GMT 2012

On 02/01/12 20:32, Jim Dory wrote:
> Many thanks folks - I enjoy the discussion about workflow and other
> softwares - would love to finally dump my windows XP.
>
> I will study the links provided by Gilles and see if I can make head
> or tails from them to enable xmp in DK.

Gilles was basically saying that the library that deals with metadata,
Exiv2, has not been compiled with support for XMP. Exiv2 is not a part
of digikam but is needed by digikam to work. So the next question is
'where did you get your version of digikam and supporting files and how
did you install it on your machine?'

Andrew