[Digikam-users] tags/keywords between Adobe Lightroom and Digikam

Ozzy ozzyprv at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 18:30:58 GMT 2012

This is a piece of info I previously posted in this mail list:
"... Elle, just out of curiosity. What do you have against DNG? The way I
see DNG's is as a secure way to store your negatives. I use Canon, so if
one day Canon decides to stop supporting cr2 format I already have my
negatives in an open-source digital negative format."

DNG is an open source format. CR2 is not. I keep converting all my CR2
files to DNG. An extra step that gives me some added piece of mind.