[Digikam-users] Thumbnail creation and updating of thumbnail database etc.

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 27 14:16:19 GMT 2012

On Monday 27 February 2012 21:13:30 Mark Hayes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A couple of days ago, all the thumbnails (and I mean ALL!) disappeared,
> and along with it, a few of the tags I'd had in previously.
<snipped a lot of text about failed attempts to get them back>

So, first thing would be to think of what would have changed a couple of days
ago, just before your problems with the thumbnails and tags started.

Some things to check: upgrades (libraries, kernel, ...), new disk, changes in
Digikam or its settings... Note that those are just a few possiblities.
Also, it would help if you stated the versions of Digikam, operating system,
KDE (and perhaps the most important external libraries).

Don't hesitate to give too many details, too few is making life more difficult
for those trying to figure out the cause of the problem.

Remco