[Digikam-users] An error occurred during tag creation

Mark Hayes (Hotmail) mark_hayes_1973 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 27 13:01:04 GMT 2012

Hi,

I've been having some problems recently, trying to get Digikam set up
correctly for me...

Over the last two days, I've been having problems adding tags.  A couple
of days ago, all the thumbnails disappeared, and along with it, a few of
the tags I'd had in previously.

So I'm trying to add tags back in - but it fails every time.  Here is
what I've tried:

1.  Right click on a tag in the tag hierarchy that I have, and choose
"New Tag"
2.  Input a name for my new tag - Asia, press enter or click OK.

The error I get is a small window with the title "Tag creation error -
digikam"
The error says, "An error occurred during tag creation:"
Then it shows the tag path that it was trying to create (shown
correctly) and an error message next to it that just says, "Failed to
add tag to database".  However, it doesn't tell me what to do about it -
or why it failed.

I've also tried using Tag > New... from the menu system - same result.

Why is it that I can no longer create tags?  I mean, I have already
created some tags - but don't seem to be able to create any more.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark.